So the other day my sister Gena came over my house to hang out and have some coffee since we rarely get any time to just hang out together. Mainly because she’s a mom of three gorgeous girls, wifey-mc wifey, a radio personality, a TV Host and of course an amazing Doula. Needless to say she’s kinda busy. So sister time is rare.
When she came over in her mom jeans (sorry sister) and her sweater that I have seen her in for the millionth time, I shook my head and told her that she and I were going to hang out and have fun… damn-it! So I told her wash her face…
I did her make-up and hair and even let her borrow my new Anthropologie dress I haven’t even worn yet. (That’s what sisters do, right?!) I bought it with her in mind anyway
We decided to head to our favorite place where we love to brunch. Yes we brunch, but this has only happened twice in the past three months. It’s a treat for us to spend time together away from the chillins and just be silly sisters. We may be several years apart, but get us together and we are like a couple of kids laughing till our sides hurt.
While having coffee and reading the latest Vanity Fair she gave me, I had an idea to give her The Proust Smackdown and ask her a few questions since she’s the one usually doing the questioning?
- What is your idea of perfect happiness? Lying in bed with the girls
- What is your greatest fear? Losing one of my children
- Which living person do you most admire? Anyone who gives up everything for the needy and the poor.
- What is the trait you most deplore in yourself? Procrastination
- What is your greatest extravagance? An afternoon Alone by myself at Bar Lamar having champagne and cheese…A L O N E with a book…
- What is your favorite journey? Driving to a birth
- What do you consider the most overrated virtue? Patience
- On what occasion do you lie? Right now?….
- Which living person do you despise the most? People who refuse to think
- Which words or phrases do you most overuse? Right?!
- What is your greatest regret? Not having another baby due to not having “enough money”
- When and where were you happiest? Lying in bed with Craig (husband) at a resort in Carmel with nothing to do
- Which talent would you most like to have? play the piano
- What is your current state of mind? Busy
- If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be? Nothing, I’m awesome
- If you could change one thing about your family, what would it be? Appreciate one another more
- If you were to die and come back as a person or a thing, what do you think it would be? A baby. Right?
- If you could choose what to come back as, what would it be? A Unicorn, prove ‘em all wrong!
- What is your most treasured possession? Free Will
- What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery? Regret
- Where would you like to live? San Cristobal, Mexico
- What is your most marked characteristic? Sense of humor
- What is the quality you most like in a man? Humor
- What is the quality you most like in a woman? Humor
- What do you most value in your friends? Loyalty
- Who are your favorite writers? Vonnegut, Orwell, Mark Twain, Sarah Vowel, Robbie Davis Floyd, Naomi Wolf, Suzanne Arms, Tina Fey…
- Who is your favorite fictional character? Stephen Colbert
- Who are your heros in real life? Courageous People that speak truth to power
- What are your favorite names? Ava, Uma, Charlie, Steve
- What is it that you most dislike? Women being mean to other women
- How would you like to die? A thousand years from now on Jupiter
- How do you want people to remember you? As someone who tried to make a difference
- What is your motto? Of course!
For More photos from our Indulgence session, visit my Fb page at https://www.facebook.com/sabrinabeanphoto